Feb 8, 2012

A finished ornament

DH and I found the Super Bowl enjoyable.  We liked it that the Giants won.  It's not that we're big Giants fans, it's just that we don't really like the Patriots all that much.  

I stitched and finished a Christmas ornament.  It's from the booklet "A Cowboy Christmas" by FTL Designs (OOP).  It is rather eclectic.  I was rooting around in my fabric stash and noticed some light blue gingham Graziano linen and decided to stitch on that.  Then I decided to stitch with GAST and RGTB and the effect is "interesting."  


I plan to finish all of these Texas Christmas ornaments using round finishing forms and backing them with denim fabric while using red suede leather lacing for cording.  The hanger is hemp jewelry cording.  (And there's not two of them, the sun is out and cast a shadow.)

I'm currently stitching on another Christmas ornament that is not Texas-themed.  While I was rooting around in my pile of to-be-stitched working copies, I came across an ornament I'd intended to stitch in 2008.  Since it involved a lot of blue floss, I decided to stitch it.  I'll post a picture when it's done.

LoneStar 

No comments: