Aug 23, 2011

A Halloween finish

Yesterday, I finished a Halloween ornament out of the recent Just Cross Stitch magazine (Sept./Oct. 2011), the Pirate Sock Monkey on page 20 by Raise the Roof Designs.  I stitched him on 28 count Lime Green hand-dyed Zweigart linen with DMC and Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid for his gold earring.  I changed a few of the colors slightly to better go with the green fabric.

If you've seen the picture of the original ornament in the magazine, you'll notice that the designers stitched the monkey on pink fabric.  You'll notice that I did not.  C'mon, y'all didn't really think I'd stitch something on pink, did you?!

As I'm waiting on some instructions as to how my DSisIL wants me to stitch my nephews' names on the cuffs of their Christmas stockings, I pulled out a WIP to work on for a bit - "Liberty Lane."

LoneStar

1 comment:

Mary said...

When I saw that pattern, I thought of you and wondered if you'd stitch it. You did! It's very cute. I also like the changes!

Mary