Mar 27, 2012

Spring is here!

Actually, spring has been here for quite a while here in my part of Texas.  The weather has been in the upper 70s/lower 80s during the day, and in the upper 50s/lower 60s at night - perfect!

And the bluebonnets are out!  Texas bluebonnets - a wildflower - are my absolute all-time favorite flower.  I love seeing them all along the highways and in fields when I drive into town.

Unfortunately, the mild winter and early spring have caused the bugs to be out in ridiculous numbers.  I've already received several mosquito bites and we're fighting flying bugs in the house, too.

DH was attending a continuing education seminar this weekend, so no work was done on the HVAC.  If the temperatures keep creeping up, we may have to stick the window AC units back in the windows for awhile as DH thinks it will be several more weeks before he has the HVAC up and running.  Boo hiss to the window units.  However, they will keep us cool, so I guess I can't complain about them too much.

I've been stitching a lot on "Harana" and enjoying it.  I've started stitching on the head of "flower guy" and I've stitched his ear.  I am still trying to run down the floss numbers for the two "extra" symbols; I'm stitching around them for now.  I've got one more week of stitching on it before I put it down to stitch the April square for "Crabby All Year."

LoneStar  

2 comments:

Rita said...

It's coming along beautifully!

I love the bright colors.

Mary said...

I love that pattern. Yea, the flying bugs seem to be very numerous this season. Hope you get the HVAC up and going soon!

MaryB