May 20, 2012

It just wasn't his day

DH and I have been battling our allergies/sinuses for two weeks, hence the lack of blog posts.  We've both felt lower than a snake's belly in a wagon wheel rut on a canyon floor.  Living in a valley in the spring does that to you, especially with a wet, warm winter.

DH felt well enough this weekend to continue his plumbing work in our utility room.  It was going to be an easy one day job.  He was doing some preliminary work before Memorial Day weekend when he would have more time to do a more involved project.  The job entailed replacing some pipe to the septic system, AKA "sewer" pipe.

It just wasn't his day.

About halfway through Saturday morning, I heard him shout, "DANG!"  Actually, it would have been more accurate if he'd have hollered, "CRAP!"  Literally.  Yeah.  A pipe fitting came undone that shouldn't have and DH had to deal with, well, "sewage."  

It just wasn't his day.

He had to make two trips into town to Lowe's for more plumbing parts and didn't get finished until this afternoon.  And I was without my washing machine during this time.  I didn't need it, but just the thought of not having it made me antsy.

It just wasn't his day.

And did I mention that he had to dig holes with a shovel, his least favorite thing to do?  Yeah.  He was not a happy camper.

And I haven't stitched much, but hope to have a picture tomorrow of what progress I have made.  

LoneStar

No comments: