May 23, 2012

Sunny days

My sinuses and allergies are still kicking me in the pants.  Rah.

While my favorite flower the Texas bluebonnet is long gone, other wild flowers are now in bloom.  We've had this yellow wild flower growing on our property in various places for the last couple of years.  I have no idea what it is, but it reminds me of Black-eyed Susans.  DH knows I like them, so he has not been mowing this small area near our loafing shed which is full of them.

And I haven't been stitching as much as I'd like.  I stitched two mornings this week on my "Birds of a Feather" WIP, and then spent this morning frogging everything I'd stitched.  Phooey.  Instead of stitching two over two, I stitched one stitch two over three and didn't notice what I'd done.  Of course this messed up several other stitching areas, hence all the frogging.  Durn amphibian.

You can't tell much, but I've stitched a bird tail, the tea cup handle, and the outline of the saucer.  It's stitched on 28 count flax linen with DMC.  This pattern will really come to life when I do all the backstitching at the end.
 
LoneStar

No comments: