Mar 4, 2011

Pigs in the freezer and a WIP

On a nice evening during this past weekend DH had about 45 minutes of daylight left, was tired, and didn't want to get into the next part of his DIY project.  He was kind of grumping around so I told him to go out to his tent blind and go pig hunting.  So he did.

(Wild pigs are legal to shoot year round in Texas as they breed like rabbits and destroy pasture and crop land very quickly; they are considered varmints.  However, they are good eating!)

Anyway, I had settled in to read a bit when I heard DH's rifle go off after about 15 minutes.  He'd shot a pig!  Yay!  I love wild pig pan sausage and I was down to my last pound in the freezer.  

Here is my "Homespun Hollow" WIP.  I've been stitching it in fits and starts.  It's coming along slowly but I'm enjoying it when I'm stitching on it.  I'm stitching it on a piece of Silkweaver Jazlyn that I had in my stash. 


LoneStar

No comments: