May 16, 2010

Skippity jigging - another WIP page finished

I can't really happy dance as the entire piece isn't yet finished, but I did get another page finished.  Running the working copy of that page entirely filled in with highlighter through the shredder was immensely satisfying.
I'm taking a short break from the BAP to stitch a little Santa.  I saw the completed piece on a message board and liked it.  The pattern is OOP, but a kind friend offered to loan me the pattern.  I want to get it stitched quickly so I can get it back to her.    
I'm still working on painting and caulking in the bathroom.  What a bore.  

DH has spent the weekend working on his shop.  He's been insulating all the walls with fiberglass and had planned to put sheets of OSB (oriented-strand board) up on the walls.  Sheetrock isn't a good thing in shops as a careless elbow or an unwieldy piece of wood can knock holes in it too easily.  

We went to Lowe's yesterday to buy OSB.  We'd last bought it in the summer of 2008 and it was about five or six bucks for a 4' x 8' sheet.  It's gone up a bit.  It was nearly fourteen dollars a sheet!  DH ended up getting plywood sheets for about a buck less.  Plywood is stronger anyway.  

Right now, DH is doing one side of the shop.  He has run all the wires for plugs and electricity, has installed all the fiberglass, and is putting up the plywood.  After he gets done, I'll roll a couple of coats of primer and a coat of white paint over the plywood.  White paint will make the shop seem brighter.

He can only do one side of the shop at a time as he has to squoosh all his tools, stuff, etc., etc. into the center of the shop to have enough room to work on a wall.  Doing this doesn't give him a lot of room to work.  Hopefully, once all the walls are done, DH can get more organized.  I, for one, will be very glad to have all my painting and finishing supplies in one place where I don't have to go spelunking to find things.  Vexing.  

LoneStar

1 comment:

Mary said...

You're BAP is coming along. It looks great!

MaryB