Jun 3, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

Yesterday I spent the morning mowing with the push and riding mowers.  The push mower performed flawlessly.  The riding mower did fine for awhile.  I was nearly done and was mowing the last little patch when the belt popped off.  Yeah, that belt - the belt that drives the blades.  Mower demons - gah!  DH was going to fix it last night when it starting raining fit to flood so he had to abandon his repair attempt until drier weather is here.  

Today is rainy and cloudy.  Bah!  But it is supposed to clear off tomorrow and be sunny for many days.  It ain't summer unless the sun is shining.

I spent yesterday afternoon in town running errands.  I stopped off at Barnes & Noble to drool over books.  The only thing that seriously tests my tightwaddery is books.  I love books!  The store had a nice display for their new "Nook" e-reader; you could stand there and play with one as long as you wanted.  I think I now have a serious case of Nook "needing."  After I got home, I researched both the Amazon Kindle and B&N Nook on the internet; they are pretty comparable to each other.  I think if DH and I ever succumbed to the temptation, we'd have one of each to take advantage of free books offered and selection of books sold by each vendor.

I have a stitching retreat in New Braunfels coming up in three weeks.  I'm trying to decide whether to take the BAP and stitch on the never-ending border, or to take a biscornu pattern and stitch it.  I think the biscornu will win.  I've been wanting to stitch and assemble one of these little darlings for quite awhile now.  I found a blog - Basket of Biscornu- with links to a lot of free patterns and I found a few I liked and printed them out.  Then I found an online store - The Floss Box - that has a lot of cute biscornu patterns for sale for download and I bought a couple.  Now all I have to do is figure out which one I want to do and kit it up.

I'm stitching on the BAP still.  I wonder how many future blog posts will have those words?

LoneStar 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lisa, I have a Kindle and I absolutely love it. Oh...did I mention the free books??!! Or the fact that the books are as low as 50 to 70% less than the hardback/paperback? I'll bring it on Saturday so you can play with it. Bwhahaha...I'm your friendly enabler!

MaryB