Oct 13, 2010

A finish and a PIF

I finished "Spring Flowers" by Redbird Designs today.  I stitched it on a piece of mint green Jubilee that was hiding in my stash.  The pattern calls for 28 count "Thyme" over-dyed Jobelan and  DMC, Weeks, Crescent Colors, and GAST floss.  I converted the over-dyed floss to DMC.  


As my friend Mary was kind enough to pass this pattern on to me, I will pass it on to another stitcher.  If you would like this pattern, please leave your name and e-mail address on a comment on this blog post.  No e-mail, no entry.  I will choose a winner on Friday afternoon, October 15th.

This is an exclusive pattern by Lorraine Koester of Redbird Designs.  It is one of five seasonal patterns she did, two of which were exclusive to stitching retreats and were not released publicly.  This pattern is one of those two.  

I will include my DMC conversions with the pattern just for grins.  Mint green Jubilee is no longer in production, but you can find Lugana in a similar color.  

LoneStar

5 comments:

Natasha said...

I love Redbird designs unfortunatly I found this out long after they retired :( I would love to stitch this. Daffodills are such a happy flower. Thank you for the chance.
gbsgurl27 at aol dot com

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching!

I'd love a chance for this design. I, too, discovered her designs before I had a chance to accumulate many of them.

Thank you!

Rita/TX

ldepalatis at earthlink dot net

Barb said...

Those are pretty. Great job on them.

Lindsay said...

That is such a pretty design and I would love to stitch it.

Your finish is gorgeous

kimstitch3 said...

beautiful finish as usual