Nov 6, 2009

Meandering mind

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I've been a little under the weather. But I'm all better now. DH brought home from work some lovely disease for us to share over the weekend. It wasn't the flu, but it definitely had us out of it and tired.
After the great start on the bathroom on Saturday, we felt so lethargic on Sunday that we OD'd on football all day. (I think there's hope for the Cowboys!) I knew DH didn't feel well at all because he only went hunting once this past weekend.
I've been trying to get some pants/jeans hemmed on my sewing machine this week. I LOATHE hemming pants/jeans. I try to buy them with the proper inseam length to avoid hemming, but sometimes I can't.
As I tend to buy clothes in batches, and had worn out my last batch of jeans, I had to go in search of new ones. I hate shopping for and buying clothes. Anyway, I found a good deal on jeans and pants, but they did not come in inseam lengths.
Well, they did come in lengths, but they also downsized the overall fit of them when they shortened the inseam. I've been caught out by this before and knew enough to try them on. Some manufacturers don't understand how to shorten inseams in women's clothing correctly. I've given up on it. Just because you need the inseam shorter does not mean that you need the entire garment smaller.
I had to wrestle with myself: did the really good price on these garments outweigh the extreme annoyance I'd have in doing my own hemming? The tightwad won out and now I'm sewing. Whee.
A weird thing happened yesterday. As I was drying the lid to my Crock-Pot, the handle on the lid fell off. My Crock-Pot is over 10 years old and it's one of the ones with the one-piece plastic lid. And super glue is not an option on something that receives high heat near food so I couldn't just glue it back together.
As the Crock-Pot itself is still working fine, I thought I'd look into replacing the lid. They no longer make that lid, and with shipping, a new glass lid would cost about twenty bucks which is more than the cost of an entirely new Crock-Pot at Wal-Mart. So I had to toss a working Crock-Pot in the trash and will buy a new one because I can't get a replacement lid inexpensively. That's just plain silly.
Oh, and if you tend to go crazy with dark chocolate and mint truffle, don't buy Hershey's Kisses in that flavor. They'll disappear way too fast. Don't ask me how I know.
Tomorrow is the IH35 Stitchtogether and I'm looking forward to it. I haven't stitched a lick since last week, so I'm hoping to get a lot done on "The Boys."

No comments: