Sep 25, 2010

What am I really stitching on?!

I happily started Tribal Seahorse on Monday.  I stitched seven of the "blobs" before I realized I had left out a two-stitch row on the first blob and the lack of those stitches had thrown off all the other blobs.  So I frogged all the blobs and started over.  I was five blobs in when I realized that I wasn't really enjoying stitching on my chosen fabric at all.  So I frogged all the blobs, cleaned off the fuzzies, stuck the fabric back in my blueprint flat file, and got on the internet and ordered different fabric.  It'll be here next week.

So, in the meantime, I'm stitching "Nickademus," the sock monkey design by Raise the Roof Designs (page 90), in this year's JCS Christmas Ornament issue.  Here he is after one night of stitching.


And I dabbled with the dark side last week.  I was surfing around on the internet looking at places that sell OOP or HTF or old cross stitch patterns when I came across a brand-new pair of Freedom Gingher scissors.  I thought they were kind of pretty and patriotic.  They appealed to me because they weren't all flowery and girly like so many of the other limited-edition Ginghers.  And they were priced...well they were priced low enough that a tightwad would buy a pair of scissors that she'll never use, but will enjoy looking at.  May the Force be with you.


LoneStar 

No comments: