Sep 30, 2010

Oh deer.

For those of you who are not married or acquainted with a hunter, bowhunting season starts on Saturday.  DH is chomping at the bit.  He spends a lot of time with his binoculars watching the deer on our property. 

I have always felt that the deer know when hunting season starts and enjoy taunting humans when they know they cannot be hunted.  Case in point:  three deer were foraging out by the truck and the woodpile this morning, not more than 20 feet from my window.  They could see me and often paused to give me, "Nyeah, nyeah, nyeah, nyeah, nyeah!" stares.  



I do enjoy watching them, too.  I spent about half an hour enjoying them before Emma noticed that I was staring at something out the window and and went outside to investigate.  Her ensuing barking caused all the deer to spook and run off, showing the white tails from which they get their name.  But I hope to have several of them in my freezer as food before the hunting season ends.

LoneStar 

No comments: