Jan 26, 2011

Again, more quilt squares

Yesterday I started stitching on a "Betty Broomstick," an OOP kit by Lizzie Kate.  I changed out the fabric to 28 count Lime Green hand-dyed linen by Zweigart as I don't care for R&R Reproductions fabric because it's not color-fast.  And as I didn't have some of the GAST fibers called for, I changed it all over to DMC (conversions were included on the pattern - thank you, Lizzie Kate!), and then had to adjust some colors due to changing the fabric color.

I'm not that big on Halloween, but Betty is cute and so far has been a fun stitch.  I picked up this kit at the last stitching retreat I went to.  The kit was sitting on the orphan pattern/free table.  At these stitching retreats we have an auction to raise money to decrease the cost of the retreats and also because they are loads of fun.  You can donate items for the auctions and you can bid on anything that strikes your fancy.  One lady often bids on things "just because" and then you find them on the orphan/free table at the next retreat.  Such was the case for Betty; I remember when she was up for auction at a previous retreat!

Here are two more quilt squares.  Di stitched a cardinal, our friend's favorite bird.  As our friend was in the Navy, Dorothy stitched the Navy logo for her.



No comments: