Mar 29, 2008

DH has been busy

My DH spent the afternoon making four frames for me. He enjoys woodworking and is very gleeful when he gets to use his compound miter saw (with laser guide). Stay tuned for pictures as I get the projects stretched, mounted and framed during the coming week. I have Pippi and Beau to frame, along with a deer project for my deer-hunting DH. The fourth frame is for the JBW Dog that I am currently stitching. Look for a picture on Monday. After going into apoplectic sticker shock at frame shops, I taught myself how to frame my work. I read up on it on the Internet and in the library, and talked to professional framers. It's not as hard as it looks, it's just tedious, especially if you're a perfectionist like I am. I still have a local frame shop cut my glass and mats (if I use mats), but I do all the rest myself. I bought the proper tools for framing online. Believe me, having the right tools really helps and makes the job easier.

No comments: