Mar 13, 2010

The last shoe dropped

Not that I believe in the superstitious clap-trap regarding "bad luck comes in threes," but there does seem to be some validity (or maybe coincidence) in those old wives' tales.

My FoodSaver died last week so we got a new one (and it's a vast improvement over the old one).  Then my cell phone wonked out.  DH found a place to repair it, but then we found a brand-new one just like my old one on eBay for about the same cost as the repair job. 

Yesterday, I sat down at my sewing machine to do some minor sewing.  I couldn't get the thread tension to work properly.  I spent about an hour taking things apart, cleaning them, rethreading everything, etc., etc.  Still no joy.  So my sewing machine is off to the repair shop.  Yippee.  At least we have a very good repair shop in town.


And here it sits by the front door, sad, alone, unusable - waiting to be taken to Sew Vac City for surgery.  Stupid machine.
 

No comments: