Jun 16, 2009

IH35 Stitching Saturday

The first Saturday of each month, DH and I drive to Austin for the IH35 Stitchtogether. DH doesn't stitch; he goes to Cabela's, Academy Sports, and other places of manly pursuit.
During the Stitchtogether, we always have a lot of fun eating and stitching and talking and eating and stitching, etc., etc. This month, we had two new ladies and two previously new ladies returned (Yay! we didn't scare them off!).
We missed several of our regular gals. Mary was off at her son's high school graduation. Congratulations to Taylor!
We heard the terrifying tale of the bee invasion (and saw pictures taken by actual eyewitnesses) from Mel and Marilyn. Ack! Bees are fine unless they are somewhere they shouldn't be - like inside the house!
And we heard from Gloria that LoriRay had actually returned to her home state for the weekend, but instead of joining her sister stitchers, she was at some sort of car or truck race with the men in her life. Hopefully, Gloria can get her to see the error of her ways. ☺
As usual, I forgot my camera, but Cindy brought hers and you can see pictures of the gang over on her blog.
I stitched on my Quaker freebie, my usual project for our Stitchtogether. I managed to finish one motif and start another. One of these days, I'll get this thing finished. Then I'll probably start another Quaker or sampler-type project to do only at the Stitchtogether - something with only one or two colors - less floss to keep up with.

2 comments:

Cindy F. said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I really do love your floss choice:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is beautiful! Great shade of blue!!!