I saw this meme on Kendra's blog and thought it would be fun to do. But I had never run across the word "meme" before and had to look it up. I found that it is a noun and is pronounced "meem," not "meemee" as I had supposed. It means "cultural characteristic passed down through generations.” I really think, in the blogging world, it means answering a series of questions about yourself or telling everyone about "me!”
Anyway, you are supposed to list seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself, and here are mine:
1) I hate the color pink. I won't wear it. Nothing in my house is pink. If you give me something pink, I will re-home it quickly.
2) I am chronically organized; a place for everything and everything in its place. If I come upon a situation involving a group of people with no direction, I will organize them. I don't tolerate chaos well (unless it is organized and controlled).
3) Since I live in south central Texas where it is warm or just plain hot most of the year, I am usually found wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and no shoes. I do wear shoes out in public, but won't around the house.
4) I have every Star Trek novel in print (in all genres except Voyager which I don't care for). I also have every Star Wars novel in print. And yes, I have read them all, most of them several times.
5) I don't like ice in my iced tea. If you make it and keep it in the refrigerator, then it should be already cold; adding ice just waters down the brew.
6) I was allergic to chocolate for the first twelve years of my life. I am making up for lost time. I consider chocolate a food group.
7) I am a singing snob. I was a choir rat for most of my school years and sat under several very gifted voice teachers. I was taught (drilled!) about such things as proper breath control, phrasing, intonation, dynamics, diction, etc. Most of the popular "singers" I hear today make me nauseous. What they consider "style" I consider a serious lack of training. BAH!