Jul 5, 2008

Stitching and stuff

Today was my day to go to Austin for the IH35 Stitchtogether. I missed last month and so I really enjoyed today. There were eight of us there and we had fun laughing, talking, and eating. Oh, we did get some stitching done, too!
Yesterday, DH and I spent the whole day out at the house working. While I did get the second coat of polyurethane and paint on the two doors I'm working on, I spent most of the day as DH's gofer. DH is a great carpenter, but he is one of those guys who won't wear a tool belt, and who leaves his tools where he last was. So, I speed things up by bringing him what he needs from wherever he just came from to where he is. For example: he needs his tape measure while he's up on the six-foot ladder. The tape measure is across the room where he just used it while cutting a board on the compound miter saw. I fetch it. Saves him from climbing down the ladder again.
Not glamorous work, but it gets the job done. We got the door/wall framed in for our closet. We like pocket doors and they require special framing (that’s what the funky ladder-looking framing is for). DH is also putting a gun safe in the closet and we framed for that, too.
BTW, the picture I posted yesterday is not something that I personally have stitched. Someone posted it on a message board and I saved it because I liked it. It's called the "Preamble Sampler Pattern" by Jean Bess.

No comments: