Jul 16, 2008

Yippee skippy! Stash in the mail!

DH and I took the night off last night, so I got to stitch. Yeehaw! And I got stash in the mail yesterday.
One item was a leaflet I've been on the lookout for. I collect Texas-themed patterns and this one is OOP ("Texese" by Linda Jary of The Scarlet Thread) . I finally found one on eBay and it came in the mail on Monday.
Then, due to evil enabling by another blogger who shall remain nameless, I ordered my first Mill Hill kits ever. The evil enabling blogger told me she bought her kit at her LNS. So, in the interest of keeping an LNS in business, I ordered from there directly instead of ordering from Mill Hill. I actually visited this LNS - Cross Stitch Haven - once when I lived in Oklahoma. It's a very nice place with tons of patterns and fibers and fabrics. Lots of shop models, too. And the owner is very nice.
Normally, I wouldn't buy a frame as DH can make them for me. But as I foresee that he will be busy making/building things for the new house, I decided to go ahead and buy the matching frame "just this one time." Frame making will be way down on his list of "things that must get made."

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

What did we ever do without ebay? Great stash there! I visited CSH about two weeks ago! I agree, nice shop.

Gloria said...

I wonder if I am related to the evil blogger who enabled you. LOL