Oct 23, 2009

The crab is in!

I finished the backstitching on "The Crab is In," so I started stitching on "The Boys Are Back in Town" yesterday after a prolonged floss-toss. I'm doing it mostly in DMC, with a bit of GAST thrown in. I don't know if my chosen colors are what the designer had in mind, but I don't care. If you don't provide a DMC conversion, then too bad. Anyway, I like my chosen colors.
After wailing over the state of our driveway after yesterday's durn young'un incident, I went to town today and stopped at Hobby Lobby during my many errands. I found some 6mm round plastic black beads for my crab's eyes.
After stitching them on, I finished "The Crab is In!" into the crab tuck pillow I bought recently. I use Pellon Wonder Under to hold the stitched piece in place when doing tuck pillows. He's done on 32 count white Lugana with DMC (the designer kindly provided conversions). Isn't he cute?
DH is going hunting tonight and hopefully he will get another deer. He's gotten one so far. Last weekend he got nothing and was mopey all week. A mopey hunter is a sad thing.

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

My, it's really perfect! I love the eyes.

Lynn D said...

Looks great!