Jan 21, 2010

Winter...

...is happening somewhere else today. It's in the 70's and I'm running around in shorts, a t-shirt, and no shoes. I'm a happy camper.
I finished the never-ending border on the BAP. I'll post a picture tomorrow.
This afternoon I had to give Emma a bath as she was exuding an odor somewhat like funky socks that a teenage boy had worn at summer camp in south Texas in August for five days in a row.
There are two kinds of Jack Russell terriers - those with smooth coats and those with rough coats. Emma is a rough coat. She has an outer coat of longish hair and an undercoat of denser fur. We leave her hair long in the winter, but it sure makes getting her dry a pain. When she gets a haircut, she ends up looking like a smooth coat Jack Russell terrier.
Both kinds of Jacks shed like mad. After I get her as towel-dried as I can, I take her outside and brush her. This gets a lot of loose hair off her (and usually onto me!). I brush her hair against the grain to help dry the undercoat. She doesn't mind at all. She does look pretty after a bath and brushing. For a while.
What, you don't have a pile of construction stuff and boxes of shotgun shells by your front door? Why not?! (And while the shells may be by the front door, the guns themselves are under lock and key.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

It sounds like you and Emma had a good bonding day. Emma looks like she's smiling...:)!

Can't wait to see pics of what you've stitched so far on the BAP.

Mary

Rachel S-H said...

She looks gorgeous after her day of beauty--the Schipperkes both need one, but they are a pain to dry and it's been so cold.