Jul 31, 2009

Bye Bye July!

Well, it's the last day of July. Tomorrow is August 1st and the IH35 Stitchtogether. Yippee! Sunday is my DBro's birthday; I actually remembered to send him a card! You know you're getting older when you buy cards based on how much you think they will amuse your young nephews.
Thanks to all of you who complimented me on my willingness to teach/demonstrate finishing techniques. I think if I ever needed yet another career, I'd become a teacher. I really enjoy it.
And after I posted about the "Deer Nut" cube project, I was prompted to think about it from the non-hunting perspective. DH will take the finished product to work where all the guys he works with are hunters. They will see it and go, "Oh cool!" They will not have thoughts regarding male deer anatomy. At least, not initially. ☺
We've been having weirder Texas weather. We've had two torrential deluges in the last two days, with the sun coming out right afterwards and temperatures in the 100s. We've needed the rain badly. I may have to mow again. I haven't mowed since about June as the grass quit growing from the lack of rain.
"The Alamo" is really popping with the backstitching. I'll try to post a picture sometime this weekend.
Well, I have to go bake a cake for tomorrow's munching. Here's a picture of Emma after I made her get off the couch to straighten the couch throw and the cushions. After she got back on it, she gave me her "Eat poop and die, vile human!" look.

2 comments:

Rachel S-H said...

The twins give me that look all the time.

Have fun at the stitch-in.

Cindy F. said...

I hate I missed your class! I heard it was really good:)

Ha! Now you know that Emma can do no wrong! How dare you make her move off the couch! ...lol....

Hope your brother had a great birthday today!