Jul 1, 2009

A weird day at Wal-Mart

Yesterday, I had a weird Wal-Mart experience. Weirder than "normal" as Wal-Mart is always a bit on the other worldly side.
First off, Texas weather was being its usual self; weird. I went into Wal-Mart with the sun shining. I came out of Wal-Mart into a raging deluge of flood proportions. I figured that since it was summer and in the upper 90s, I'd dry out sooner or later. So I ran to the truck and got soaked in the process. Now, when you run into the rain, you generally only get mostly the front and top of you wet and that's exactly what happened to me.
I got in the truck and discovered that I needed gas, so I drove over to the Wal-Mart gas pumps. The only pump open was only partially under the awning, so I pumped gas and got wetter. When I hung up the nozzle, I realized that I had not put my credit card in it before pumping the gas. Yet it pumped anyway and printed me out a receipt. I realized that the ending credit card number was not mine and that some moron had stuck their card in and then hadn't pumped the gas.
The smug and gleeful two-year-old inside me said, "Cool! Free gas thanks to a clueless moron!" Then the adult inside me smacked the two-year-old upside the head and went into the gas station to rectify the situation by canceling the gas on the unknown card and putting it on my card.
Next, I went to Hobby Lobby which is couple of miles from the Wal-Mart. It wasn't raining on the Hobby Lobby side of town. It was as dry as a bone. (Texas weather, remember?) So there I was, wet-headed, wet on the front of all my clothes, and dripping in spots. I got a lot of odd looks from the dry people in Hobby Lobby who were on the dry side of town.
One lady ventured to comment on my humid condition. I told her to go to Wal-Mart and she'd get as wet as me because it was raining in the parking lot there. She didn't get it. I had to explain. It lost something in the translation. She probably thinks I'm off needed medications or something. Some people have no sense of humor.
A note from my stitching chair: I've been stitching happily on "The Alamo" and I'm probably about one-quarter done. I'll post a picture later this week.

4 comments:

Brenda Lou said...

ROFL.....I so know what you mean about that dang weather!!

Daffycat said...

But did it rain at the house? I don't mind rain if I don't have to go out in it and we usually need the rain.

LOL I can imagine you shopping dripping wet when everyone else is dry!

Lisa said...

I applaud you for reversing the charges regarding the gas incident...that brings up a good question: would I have done that?

Cindy F. said...

OK Lisa! I heard a bell and that means you finally earned your wings;)

Something very good is going to happen to you very soon....mark my word:)