Jan 15, 2009

More Stitchbooking

I finished two more pages for my stitchbook. Note to self: WonderUnder will not stick your piece to the scrapbook paper if you don't take the paper backing off. I have two more pieces to mount, and then I'll have a whopping 2 1/2 pages in my stitchbook. Oh well. (Aren't my little star brads cute?)
Right after DH and I got married, my mom took the time to make me a photo album of photos from my childhood and teen years. She used the dreaded sticky pages with plastic overlay. That's all there was back then when she did it. Anyway, I've known for years that I needed to change everything over to an archival album. So while buying stuff for the stitchbook, I bought an archival album and began transferring the photos. I'm not doing anything fancy, just sticking them on white pages with sticky corners or photo mounting squares. Then I write down whatever Mom had written under them.
ACK! It is absolutely no fun at all! But I must persevere and get it done. If I transfer two or three pages a day, I'll have it done in a week or so. I'll never be a scrapbooker. Stitchbooking is my limit.
A note from my stitching chair: I finished all the backstitching on the birth announcement last night. Then I charted my nephew's name and birthdate. I should get that stitched today sometime. Hopefully, I'll have a finish to post soon.

No comments: