Jan 5, 2009

Stitchy weekend

On Saturday, DH and I drove to Austin for the monthly IH35 Stitchtogether. (Well, I went to the stitchtogether, DH went to Cabela's and Academy Sports.) We had a good group at the meeting as there were eight of us there. No pictures as no one brought a camera.
We had a great stash exchange as several ladies had cleaned up and tidied their stash, and Mary brought three boxes of vintage cross stitch magazines. It was like a feeding frenzy, I tell ya! Yes, I picked up a couple of new treasures myself. I got the '02 JCS Christmas Ornaments issue and a magazine with a fishing pattern that I could stitch for my dad sometime.
We had a great time catching up with each other, eating, stitching, venting, eating, stitching, solving the problems of the world, eating, stitching, and did I mention eating? Mel reported that she had received a set of pink cookware for Christmas. ACK! She is next looking to get a pink kitchen appliance like a mixer or blender. ACK!! Everyone had a mostly peaceful Christmas; no relatives were maimed, killed, or disposed of (although some should be).
It was a good day! I got another motif finished on my stitchtogether WIP. It's a mystery Quaker sampler that I got off a danish website a couple of years ago. I started the pattern because I was interested in trying a Quaker sampler, and it was free. It has been a fun stitch, but I think I will modify it somewhat. The last part of the sampler is an alphabet at the top. I don't think it looks good with all the motifs, so I will probably modify it. When I finish it, I'll frame it and DH is going to hang it up at work, probably in a patient area. Here it is before I worked on it this weekend:
Yesterday, we vegged out by watching NFL Wildcard games. We had to put up with Phil Sims as a commentator for the Miami/Ravens game. That man drives me nuts. I think he had too many concussions when he was a quarterback. I'll be sad when football is over. I really enjoy watching it. At this point, I think I'm rooting for the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl.
I did get to stitch a lot on the newest nephew's birth announcement. I'll post a picture on a day THAT IT ISN'T DARK, GLOOMY, AND RAINING so that I can get a good one.
Well, I'm off to go to the dentist this morning for my usual six month cleaning and check up. I'm thinking that I will be making another trip to the endodontist as one tooth is escalating in its peskiness. I'm not a dental coward and I'm not one of those people that hate and fear going to the dentist. I'm just not in the mood to spend more money on this one tooth! Oh well. I've learned from seeing elderly relatives have nutrition issues later in life due to bad teeth that you should do whatever you have to when you are younger to save and keep your teeth for when you are older.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm no Phil Simms fan either, but the worst has GOT to be Joe Buck. I cannot believe how much he blatantly dislikes the Cowboys, and really, can we STOP talking about that horrible, horrible game last week? And to add insult to injury, he's dragging Troy down with him. Jerk.

I'll be sad too when football is over, though it would have been nicer if the Cowboys could have gotten their act together.