Jan 7, 2009

A WIP and a prize

Reposting as Blogger completely unformatted the post when I corrected a typing error.
Yippee! t.u. beat Ohio State! Way to go Texas! (I will root for t.u. when they play a non-Texas team, especially if that team is of yankee persuasion.)
In my post yesterday, I forgot to recount the story of the "rigged" doorprize at Saturday's IH35 Stitchtogether. Occasionally, one of us will bring a doorprize and we'll draw a name to see who gets it. This month, Marilyn brought one; a nice fleece throw with a manger scene that she machine embroidered on it.
Mel carefully wrote all our names down, folded up the papers into tiny pieces, and mixed them vigorously. Then she asked a supposed impartial bystander, my DH - who had come in to graze the food table after his strenuous morning at Cabela's and Academy Sports - to draw a name. DH mixed up the names again and then promptly drew mine. I had to put up with a lot of ribbing, but the fleece throw is very nice!
Here is a picture (taken in the dark, gloomy, rainy light with a flash) of my birth announcement WIP. You can't tell much. Margaret Sherry patterns always look like nebulous blobs until you get all the backstitching done.

No comments: