Apr 3, 2008

General amokness and a recipe

Thanks to all of y'all who have taken the time to read and leave comments on this blog! I appreciate it and I'm enjoying the feedback.

I didn't get to stitch at all yesterday. *deep sigh* But I did find a great new recipe for cooking asparagus!

Baked Asparagus

1 bunch asparagus (about a pound)
1 bunch green onions, sliced (with green tops to taste)
2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
garlic salt or powder (to taste)
parmesan cheese (to taste)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and trim asparagus to fit neatly in 8" x 8" Pyrex dish. (Feed a few bits of the end trimmings to Emma as she loves raw asparagus!) The asparagus will be in two layers. Add 1/4 cup of water to the dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for two minutes. Remove plastic wrap and drain water from dish. Remove top layer of asparagus. Sprinkle bottom layer evenly with garlic salt or powder, and parmesan cheese. Replace top layer of aspargus, sprinkle evenly with garlic salt or powder, tomatoes, onions, and parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve.

It's amazing to me that I can find a picture of asparagus on the internet for inserting in a blog post with an asparagus recipe.

1 comment:

Hi! I'm Michelle said...

The picture is perfect with your recipe! :) And your recipe sounds yummy! I'm gonna try it, and give the asparagus ends to my MaryJane... she loves broccoli. I'll bet she likes asparagus, too! Thanks for sharing! :)