I came across the term "Seven Levels of S.A.B.L.E." (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy) and couldn't find any official list, so I decided to come up with my own. Each level must be reached in its entirety and maintained before moving up to the next level. Levels may not be skipped. *Note: I have not reached any of these levels and don't intend to. Tightwaddery always trumps acquisition greed. Usually. Mostly.
The Seven Levels of S.A.B.L.E.
1) On a monthly basis or more frequently, you buy patterns, kits, floss, fabric, or magazines that you already have.
2) You have over 500 patterns, including all of the patterns of at least one designer.
3) Your stack of fabric is taller than you are.
4) You have over five 20-gallon Rubbermaid tubs of kits.
5) You have complete sets of at least ten different brands of floss.
6) You have more stash in your craft room than your LNS has in inventory.
7) You don't believe for a moment that you have enough stash.