Apr 10, 2008

Slow progress

I'm making slow progress on my "February boot." I usually stitch in the evenings, and DH and I have been on the go every evening this week. This project is stitched on 25 count Lugana over two with three strands of floss. Railroading three strands is a pain, so I'm slower than usual.
Pardon the lousy picture. It's been rainy, "glummy," and "grismal" here all week. I'm part plant and I'm starting to wilt - I need sun! It also makes it hard to get a decent picture, even with a flash. This one was taken with a light and a flash. The fabric is actually white. And the floss is actually pink and red. This is the shaft of the boot. I should get to stitch a lot this weekend, so a better picture will be forthcoming next week.
I'm very glad to have the pink portion done. Those who know me well know that I LOATHE the color pink with a flaming blue passion. Nothing in my house is pink. Nothing in my closet is pink. Nothing growing "flowerly" in my yard is pink. I do not wear pink. I do not stitch projects with lots of pink and I will not stitch on pink fabric. My dog does not own a pink collar. If you give me something pink, it will go immediately into the current "going-to-Goodwill-soon" box. I HATE PINK!

No comments: