My Stitching Statistics1) How do you hold your fabric? I use a five-inch wooden hoop in hand. Yes, I've tried scroll rods, Q-snaps, and a stitching stand. I don't like them.
2) Floss licker? No.
3) How do you thread your needle? I fold the floss in half over the needle and then poke the fold through the needle's eye.
4) What needle do you like best? I prefer Mardina's My Favorite Needle, but they stopped making them (again). My second favorite is The Perfect Needle.
5) Are you a needle loser? No. My needles cost me three to five bucks each. As a tightwad, I am extremely careful about keeping up with them.
6) What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? I'll stitch on anything. I prefer evenweaves and linen, but will use Aida if it is warranted. The only fabric I don't care for at all is Jobelan.
7) Bobbins or floss bags? Hobby Lobby-brand bobbins for DMC. EZ-Bobs for my specialty floss. Floss bags for my Rainbow Gallery threads.
8) Are you a scissors collector? No. I am constantly dropping my scissors and either chipping the point off or springing them so they don't cut on the point. Expensive scissors would be a waste.
9) Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? Yes. After researching the topic to my satisfaction, I prefer to pin.
10) Are you a floss floozy? Probably not. I'll try any type of floss. I will use it loyally if it is colorfast. I have a full set of DMC. I buy specialty floss as needed for a pattern. I am not driven to own full sets of everything.
11) Silk? Yes. If it is colorfast.
12) Railroader? Yes. I railroad both legs of my stitches on everything I stitch. It does slow me down a bit, but I'm a slow stitcher to begin with.
13) Are you a pattern or designer snob? No. I do have a few designers that I seem to consistently like, but I'll stitch anything by any designer that catches my rather eccentric eye.
14) Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? No. The joy for me is in the creation of the gift. What they do with it after they receive it is their choice, and I am at peace with that.
15) Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? I don't think so. My tightwad instincts probably override any S.A.B.L.E. instincts.
16) Do you wash your projects? Yes. Everything and always. Fifteen-minute cold-water soak with mild soap (never Woolite), roll up in a towel, then iron dry stitched side down on a fluffy white towel.